Thursday, April 2, 2009

2nd April 2009

There it is..I have stepped into the silver jubilee year of my Life as of 17:00 hours today! Happy bday to me! I just thought that I should note down somewhere that how I spent my 24th birthday!! What better than my blog?? Before the day began I was already wished by my dear ones!!! Well thanks to the time difference between Finland-Saudi Arabia-India-Philippines. It all started around 15 days ago. I had a horrible time with Makemytrip people regarding my ticket to India (PS. People, never buy tickets from makemytrip!!!!). After coming home with a headache and a pissed off mood, I get 2 not one but 2 birthday cards coming from Baroda :) It was my mom who was scared that our Indian post would not deliver it on time and etc etc so she had sent it so sooon!! But it was so sweet of her to send me both the cards she liked. One of them told me how much she cares for me and how much I mean to her and the other one said what the date 2nd April reminds her off and why 2nd April is so special for her. It was the most touching moment of my life. I simply forgot all my worries and my mood was totally chill!!!! Thanks Ma for those wonderful cards. Then it was yesterday when Krithi had wished me with a wonderful Smilebox Card. I never knew something like smilebox but believe me people its pretty unique and coooool. I simply loved the card. Thank you Krithi for a wonderful creation. The words that you wrote in the card extremely precious for me. Its really sad that you are not here on my birthday but somehow with your card and all the photos in it I felt you are right next to me! My Dad wanted to be wise as well. He thought it would be good that I receive my card one day sooner than a day late. Because unfortunately 123greetings doesnt ask what country you are planning to send the ecard to, so they send it according to US time which means I would get my card on 2nd April afternoon. But Dad, who is not only the coolest dad but also the smartest one told them to send it on 1st. Well the words in the card were priceless. It said how proud he was with me and my achievements. I just hope I always be worthy of getting such cards from him always. Thankyou Dad for your faith in me. People say its difficult to understand girls but I really believe it. I have a friend, Vrushali, she till now has wished me record number of times. I have already got 6 ecards and several orkut scraps from her for my bday :) Thankyou is something small but still I would like to thankyou for all your wishes for me Vrushali. At sharp 12:00 Midnight IST my mom called and wished me and gave me all the blessings. She normally likes to call early in the morning but this time she thought of giving dad some competition and wishing me b4 he does. But actually dad had called at around 9:30 at night and wished me a bit soon. :) For me both won because I just loved their wishes for me. I was not surprised but I was really and extremely touched by the traditional Ice-Cream party that my dearest and closest friends gave to me at midnight. I was not surprised because in our group of 4 best friends (Me, Narayan, Sarang and Deepa) its a tradition to celebrate bday's with bday Ice-Cream! But I was touched because Narayan was no longer our room mate (He is married to one wonderful person and is living somewhere far in a Family apartment) and believe me people I wasnt expecting him to come. Because to come here he has to change buses and to go back after midnight in Finland, is a headache. But sharp 12 o clock the door bell rings I go out to open the door and I see that Sarang is already there to open it and I see Narayan with Deepa and our traditional Chocolate Ice Cream. So we performed the ceremony of cutting the bday Ice Cream and celebrated my bday. Next day Narayan told me that he reached home at 4:15 in the morning (he had left our place at 12:30)!!!! He couldnt get the bus and so he was stuck at city centre for hours. I felt aweful!!!! But then thats what friends are! I am proud to have these 3 coooolest people as my friends. I would never want to be away from them. Guys you all simply rock. I love all 3 of you a lot. :) Then at around 1:00 A.M. I decided to sleep and I got up at 7:00 in the morning. After some 30 min or so Dad called up to wish me again :) And then that was followed by a call from mom to wish me good morning and Happy Birth"DAY". I was chatting with Krithi on yahoo and we had a wonderful talk as she continued to wish me. :) It is such a great feeling to get wishes from your dear ones before you actually begin your day! I got ready had breakfast and I was off to work (Its sad but what to do? Have to work and study to deserve those cool ecards from DAD :) ). We three, me deepa and sarang decided to go to the Chinese restaurant for lunch. It was awesome and stomach filling. Guys if anyone comes here to tampere I would surely take you there. After that a regular day at work. In the afternoon I went on Orkut and I was sooooooooooo happy to see my friends scrapping me Happy bday. I took all the time to reply them thank you's. I simply love it. People wishing me and me telling them thank you. I felt so important. I had calls from my verrrrrrrrrry good friends in India, Rahul, Subha and Viveka. I really miss them tooooo. Thank you guys for taking time and calling me :). Then I had family people calling me and wishing me. It was simply fantastic. I felt as if in a whole year of 365 days this one day everyone remembers me. It was the best feeling ever. Finally as icing on cake, Pasquale, My Italian flatmate called me when I was in office and wished me toooo. Well he knew it from Facebook :) And he also invited me for a wonderful Authentic Italian Pasta party. It was mouth watering and yummy pasta. Thank you all Italian Friends of mine for such a treat. Now that I am writing this blog I am thinking, WOW thats why there is only one birthday!! So that it is special and it stays with you for the rest of the 364 days so that again on the 365th day you get to be SPECIAL!! I love all the people around me. Thank you all of you for wishing me and remembering me on this special day of my life.

Once again Happy Birthday to me!!!

Love You All!!! 

Karan.

5 comments:

vrushali said...

awwwww....I love you too. I am so glad u enjoyed your bday. Also, it shows that you are a very humble person, to appreciate all your friends, parents and relatives's efforts!

Happy Bday once again :)

Krithika Sunder said...

Honey...That was such a sweet thing to pen down your appreciation for your loved ones. I am not only proud to have you as my soul mate, but I am thankful to god for having given me a good hearted human being as my life partner. Your parents are to be given all the credits for bringing you up in a modest way, to have taught you the basic principles of life i.e; to respect every individual, to share your love & affection, to value the importance of every relationship and the basic ethics of mankind. I am sure that your friends are also proud of you. I was gloomy on thinking that I am not beside you to celebrate your b'day, but on reading your post today, I was elated to find out that you really had a blast on your special day. Thank you Sarang, Narayan & Deepa for having spent quality time with him and for showing your love & care.

Love you sweetheart! Wishing you a blissful life ahead..(of course with me) :)!!

Narayan Subramaniyam said...

@ karan

you deserved all that more :)

@ krithika

do not thank us :) actually, hum treat ke liye kuch bhi kar sakte hain :P

Mostly Dulcet said...

@ karan

Wow this is one awesome birthday :) it would have been perfect if krithi would have been there.. but then you have an entire lifetime worth of birthdays left to spend with her :)

As narayan already said you deserve all this and more :)

Karan said...

Thank you all of you!! Its because of you people that I would always remember 02.04.2009 :)

@ Anusha

Someone has said "Life is not perfect but u try to reach towards that perfection" So, presence of Krithi and my parents would have made it perfect but then Life is like that.... No complaints... :)

Post a Comment